August 15, 2019 @ 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
1695 E. Fort Lowell Rd. Tucson
Attention Presidio Parents: We will be holding our first PTO Meeting of the 2019/2020 school year!
Where: Dreamcatcher Library – 1695 Campus
When: Thursday, August 15th from 5:30-6:30pm
What to bring: Any suggestions or ideas of things that you would like to see happen at Presidio this year, as well as any resources that you have that might help.
“Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.”
PRESIDIO SCHOOL PTSO Meeting Minutes
August 15, 2019; 5:30pm
Sign- in Sheet
|Call to Order – Kim Petrikowski
|Parent Volunteers/Traffic Safety/Other Opportunities
- Parking lot suggestions
- Making the parking lots lines more visible; have signage to direct traffic
- Limit turn out of the parking lot to only right turns during peak hours
- Make the west entrance to the 3-12 parking lot an exit only
- “Lot Full” sign on K-2 campus
- Jessica Montierth Puls will speak with team regarding the parking lot suggestions
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Literature and Humanities Festival, November 1, 2019
- Parking lot assistance/monitoring
- Set up for Fall Craft Festival
Financial Report & Funds Requests
Statement available upon request
- PTSO collects gently used Presidio uniform shirts for families in need.
- Families in need can reach out to Mr. Joe Roos for shirts.
- Peter Piper Night, August 27
- Oracle/Limberlost location
- Flyers were sent home with teachers
- Parent Night, August 23, 2019
- Child care options available for grades K-5
- Flyers sent out with teachers
- Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice, August 30, 2019
- Contains ice and fruit juice
- $3/8 ounce cup (Presidio receives $1/sale)
- Proceeds going to field trip transportation, admissions, etc.
- Fall Craft Festival, November 9, 2019
- Vendor suggestions welcome
- Parent volunteers for set up the night before are encouraged
- Proceeds going to field trip transportation, admission, etc.
- Fundraising Suggestions
- Rummage sale?
- Blood drive for 9/11?
- Weekly Grade Level Flag Ceremonies
- Tuesdays, grades 3-5 on the 3-12 campus
- Wednesdays, grades 6-8 (Middle School) on the 3-12 campus
- Thursdays, grades 9-12 (High School) on the 3-12 campus
- Fridays, grades K-2 on the K-2 campus
- Monthly All School Flag Ceremonies
- Usually first Friday of the month
- Beginning in September
- Celebrate Student of the Month for the month prior
Announcements-Next Meeting September 19th